Welcome to Upstate Oral and Maxillofacial and Dental Implant Center. Our practice is devoted to caring for your surgical needs with a gentle approach, variety of anesthesia options and advanced techniques and technology. You will notice our years of experience, state of the art equipment, and considerate service makes a difference in your experience and outcome. Thank you for choosing our practice. We appreciate your trust in us and we will do our best to make your experience in our office a pleasant one.
A standard of excellence in personalized care enables us to provide the quality surgical services our patients deserve. We provide comprehensive treatment planning incorporating the use of state-of-the-art technology while keeping your comfort and safety as our highest priority. Should an emergency occur, we make every effort to see and care for you as soon as possible.
Infection control in our office is also very important to us. To protect our patients and ourselves, we strictly maintain sterilization and cross contamination processes using standards recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
What Our Sterilization and Disinfection Practices Mean To You?
The Upstate OMS facility was designed to provide the highest quality of sterilization and disinfection practices in order to ensure your safety during treatment procedures. We adhere to and strive to surpass the most recent guidelines mandated by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our staff is fully trained in the latest infection control protocols and our training is updated annually. Our infection control procedures include:
- Autoclave (steam under pressure) sterilization of all surgical instruments.
- Use of internal and external chemical monitors on all sterilized instruments to assure autoclave (sterilizer) processing.
- Weekly testing of sterilization equipment to assure proper function of sterilization equipment.
- Sterilization area designed to clearly separate sterile/clean area from contaminated area.
- Handwashing and gloving procedures in accordance with the CDC and OSHA guidelines for hand hygiene. This is the single most important procedure for the prevention of cross-contamination.
- All employees must wear gloves whenever placing their fingers into the mouth of a patient or when handling blood/saliva contaminated items.
- Surgical gowns, mask, and protective eyewear are worn during surgical procedures.
- A complete and thorough personal, medical and dental history is performed on each patient prior to treatment to protect all employees and other patients.
- The water source for our dental units is distilled water which removes any chance for contamination that is found in regular tap water.
Training & Expertise
An Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon is a graduate of an accredited dental school who has completed an additional four or more years of training in an accredited, hospital-based oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program. As your oral and maxillofacial professionals, we want you to be confident knowing that we are a team of highly trained and skilled clinicians. We pride ourselves in providing the care you need. To give you the best possible service and results, we are committed to continual education and learning. We attend oral and maxillofacial and dental implant lectures, meetings, and conventions to stay informed of new techniques, the latest products, and the newest equipment that a modern oral surgery office can utilize to provide state-of-the-art care. Also, being members of various professional oral and maxillofacial and dental associations helps us to stay abreast of the changes and recommendations for our profession.
A Positive Experience
Building a foundation of trust by treating our patients as special individuals is vital to our success. We understand how uneasy some patients may feel about having oral surgery, and how we can make a difference in providing a relaxing and positive experience. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with excellent, personalized care and service to make your visits as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
We thank you for allowing us to take care of your oral and maxillofacial and dental implant needs and look forward to serving you.
Make an appointment today…..we look forward to helping you!